Skip to main content

Housing Accommodation Policy

Policies and Procedures for Obtaining On-Campus Accommodative Housing (No Intake form is required unless further services, such as academic accommodations, are required.)

A student seeking on-campus accommodative housing must:

  1. Secure an on-campus housing contract. Please visit On-Campus Housing for contracting information.
  2. Complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form. Requests can be considered after a bedspace or dwelling in on-campus housing has been obtained. Requests must be submitted several weeks in advance.
  3. Submit a current UAC Documentation of Disability Form from the student's treating physician/therapist that formally states the student's disability, recommends specific housing accommodations, and provides a brief justification for those accommodations based on the disability. The UAC may also accept a signed, dated letter on official letterhead that contains this information. For ethical reasons, we do not accept documentation from a family member or relative, even if they are licensed.
  4. Call the UAC at 801-422-2767 to schedule an appointment for a phone, Zoom, or in-person appointment with a UAC coordinator to review the housing accommodation request. Submission of the Housing Accommodation Request Form and documentation of disability is not required in advance of the appointment; however, doing so may help to expedite the process.

A UAC coordinator will notify the On-Campus Housing Office of the student's housing accommodation need.

The On-Campus Housing Office notifies students as accommodative housing is determined. Every effort is made to reasonably accommodate the needs of students with disabilities provided that requests for housing are made in a timely manner.

On-Campus Housing Options
BYU provides several options for accessible housing on campus. Each option offers varying degrees of accessibility, so students should consider their individual needs when considering a place to live. As students consider their options, it is important to begin the housing search and application as early as possible. Below are the on-campus housing options for students. Please visit On-Campus Housing for information about each option.

Foreign Student Language Residence (Single Student Housing; additional eligibility requirements apply)

Helaman Halls (Single Student Housing)

Heritage Halls (Single Student Housing)

Wymount Terrace (Married Student Housing)

Wyview Park (Single and Married Student Housing)

Emotional Support Animals and Service Animals in On-Campus Housing
Please refer to BYU's Animals on Campus Policy and Animals on Campus Procedures for important information on making requests, documentation guidelines, etc.

Off-Campus Housing
Students who require housing off campus must abide by all the same policies and procedures as any other student. Please refer to the Off-Campus Housing Office for a full description of those policies and procedures, for a list of contracted housing complexes, and to check the availability of the housing complexes students are interested in. The University Accessibility Center recommends that students who have accessible housing needs begin their search early to get the housing that will best meet their needs. Given that the options are off campus, students may wish to drive or use the Utah Transit Authority. Feel free to contact the Off-Campus Housing Office (801-422-1513) with questions.